Friday, December 6, 2013

Popsicle Photographer

I just had a mini photo shoot for my husband's supervisor.  The one location suggested was horrible-- I might post a picture to show it later.  I had my husband pose ahead of time and I didn't like it.  The purpose of the photo shoot was for the subject's LinkedIn account.  He wants to look thinner than he is at this point and my husband told him about what I can do in Photoshop.  Still, super intimidating!  And today, 35 degrees- my fingers were numb.  I moved us over in front of the roll up door at the fire station.  I liked it but wish I could have had time to play more.  I have a bazillion things to do today, and should not be blogging or taking pictures! But, I want to write this down before I forget..plus, I'm thawing.

Anyway, my goal was to try to get a decent image: in focus, light in the eyes, no weird shadows, AND in as flattering of a pose as possible.  He just wanted a head shot.  I had no idea what he looked like before the shoot.  I tried to be above him a tad and tried to have him turn toward me to give more angle on the face.  I was trying to keep only the door in the background.  I was trying to keep light in his eyes by having his face up and toward the direction of the light, while not emerging into sunlight.  It was freezing.  My husband and my son were watching me-- and everyone was wanting me to hurry! (including me) :)  Challenging.  I wish I could upload and get to work to see if I got anything to work with- but no, gotta vacuum and mop and clean bedrooms. :)

One last note-- I  am a little worried about his expectations.  I can only do a little improvement ya know? I can't revert a person back to their 20s!  Secondly, with the last subject, it was easier because since she is one of my little sister's best friends, I have known her most of her life.  I KNEW what she looked like before the weight came on and was able to correct without distorting reality.  What she sees in those pictures is probably what she THINKS she looks like.  Isn't that right? That's how it is with me anyway!  I see a picture of myself and I think, 'Oh my goodness, do I really look that bad?!'  Many days the mirror gets that reaction out of me, too-- that's when I start working really hard on my attitude and character! But, on camera, it always seems worse for me.

Alrighty- better get to work.  Hopefully a little editing fun late tonight or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment